I posted about spreadshirt's core values a few days ago and one of them was to bee simple. Korad got some book about simplicity recently and posted an 'excerpt' of them in his blog (10 Laws of simplicity):
1. Reduce: The simplest way to achieve simplicity is through thoughtful reduction.
2. Organize: Organization makes a system of many appear fewer.
3. Time: Savings in time feel like simplicity.
--> complete post http://netz.ag/?p=20
Just read the book Purple Cow by Seth Godin.
I guess its one of the contemporary marketing classics.
- always be remarable, espacially when designing your product or service
- offer a great product and people find out
- target innovators and early adopters when introducing a new product
- do not try to appeal to everyone, this will make you boring
- always be remarkable
- safe is risky
@mic: how do you like rss, works like a charm, does it?